the continued presence of American troops increased further and a total of 475,000 were serving in Vietnam and the peace rallies were multiplying as the number of protesters against the war increased.
- The Boxer Muhammad Ali was stripped of his boxing world championship for refusing to be inducted into the US Army.
- In the Middle East Israel also went to war with Syria, Egypt and Jordan in the six day war and when it was over Israel controlled and occupied a lot more territory than before the war.
- Once again in the summer cities throughout America exploded in rioting and looting the worst being in Detroit on July 23rd where 7000 National Guard were brought in to restore law and order on the streets.
- In England a new type of model became a fashion sensation by the name of Twiggy and miniskirts continued to get shorter and even more popular with a short lived fashion being paper clothing.
- Also during this year new Discotheques and singles bars appeared across cities around the world and the Beatles continued to reign supreme with the release of "Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band" album, and this year was also coined the summer of love when young teenagers got friendly and smoked pot and grooved to the music of "The Grateful Dead. Jefferson Airplane and The Byrds".
- The movie industry moved with the times and produced movies that would appeal to this younger audience including "The Graduate" Bonnie and Clyde" and "Cool Hand Luke”. TV shows included "The Fugitive" and "The Monkeys" and color television sets become popular as the price comes down and more programs are made in color.